I've been going through these past couple days with a mixture of guilt and excitement as well as pleasure at some of the brilliant gifts I have scored for my family and friend. But why the guilt, you might wonder? It's because I haven't spent that much time talking to God, bringing him into my days. I've been thinking a lot about Christmas recently, and the gift that Jesus is to this broken world. I celebrate this time of year like most people, for the break that it gives me from work, and the time to be my own person, but it's really just so important that I spend more time with God during this holiday, just pondering his awesome gift of Jesus Christ to me, and to all who believe.
This world is just so distracting, right? It's very easy to get carried away by all the pleasures it offers. Great as they are, they are a very dull reflection of their maker, who can be found in the Bible, through Jesus. So, these next few days, my aim is to have a little down time to follow the words of the famous hymn:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace
No comments:
Post a Comment