Monday, 9 April 2012

Single...in Christ

I'm just coming on here to recommend a really wonderful sermon. It's by John Piper, who is a pastor/preacher in a church in Minnesota, USA. Piper is famous for the way he preaches the bible faithfully, in order to allow people to apply it to their lives. His other sermons are well worth a listen. Check out www/desiringgod.org.

I was particularly blown away by his sermon 'Single in Christ: A Name Batter than Sons and Daughters'. In it, he reminds single people, using various bible passages, but Isaiah 56:1-7 in particular that we can have children in Christ by discipling younger Christians. I know how fulfilling this is, and have found in recent days it is so helpful again to think of myself as being able, in Christ not in my own strength or effort, to be a spiritual mum to younger Christians, even to give birth to some. Anyway, have a listen with your bible open. 


Single in Christ: A Name Better Than Sons and Daughters

No comments: