Saturday, 4 October 2008

More black fundamentalists please.

I need to blog this even though I'm not sure it's wise. But where are the black fundamentalist preachers? Where are the role models who are willing to point to the cross of Christ, leading people to a saving grace in Christ alone, forsaking all? People who are living purely for heaven, and not seeking wealth or a large following? People committed, like in 1st Timothy, to preaching the gospel when they are loved and when they are hated? Maybe it's just me, but I'd really like to hear of the ministry of someone willing to give up their lives for Christ. Someone who is leading a black majority church (there are many where I live, hence the relevance) with humility, and 100% allegiance to Christ.

I'm sure there are many black fathers doing so, but sometimes it is so heartbreaking to see that there is so little by way of role modelling for my brothers to follow. Whilst people like to think that the colour of someone's skin doesn't make a difference, I know from experience that it does. Heaven will be a multicultural place, but there need to be more workers sent out into the field. So, if you read this, pray for my generation. Pray for young black male leaders, who choose not to be defined just by the colour of their skin, but by their allegiance to Christ. Pray for people who choose not just to talk, but to live out the gospel, difficult as that may be. For His glory, and the salvation of many.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Check out
http://purechurch.blogspot.com/
Thabiti Anyabwile.
He's rather cool and probably as fundamentalist as you would want.
:)

(I love how i no longer see fundamentalism as a instantly bad thing!)

Charissa said...

Wow! Awesomely passionate post! Amen to everything you said :) x