I got a new job.
It's really not what I envisaged I'd be spending my time doing; more a last resort as pending expenses loom large and funds run really low. I've also had a really rubbishy time jobhunting, with real disappointments that I've been told were owing to the current financial situation. So you'll understand my feeling that it's back to square one, to roles that I feel slightly overqualified for. Can I hear somebody say "Aww?!"
I have to praise God though. Even though I've found it so hard to in the past few days. He has been extra gracious in giving me at least something to fill my time and pay my way to a good extent for a while. By his grace, He's also given me team leader who is a Christian, and a Nigerian. I wrote a post not too long ago asking people to pray for more black fundamentalists, and wow, I believe I may have met one in my team leader. It is a rare thing just to find a Christian in a group, but to find someone who seems to really know what it means to hold fast to Christ alone - that's encouraging. Thank God. I look forward to seeing how this works out in the hectic nature of the job. There is always something to thank God for, as I was reminded today, because He is forever gracious.
So, there are so many bible verses that should comfort me in this time - "consider it pure joy, fridns when you go through all kinds of trials, because the testing of your faith produces perseverance, perseverances (produces) character, and character hope". That's from James 1.
1 comment:
glad you found a job. Do you have skype? how are you? keep on going for Jesus. x
Post a Comment